Sunday 4 October 2020

Hand made journals and alcohol inks :-)


I just LOVE playing with alcohol inks on a gel printing plate. It's sooo messy but you get some lovely results, and often surprising unexpected results too. I used Birgit's *new* vintage wall paper Art Printing plates from Carabelle Studio to make these wonderful patterns.

I then made a little hand bound journal and used up all of my lovely new patterns along with a bit of ledger paper. I disress stained all of my inner pages first just because I like the look :-) 



On the front of the cover I added one of Azoline's lovely new stamps - Suspended Circles. I coloured the flowers and cut them out - fiddly but worth it!







And while I was playing I just couldn't resist adding a page to my junk journal, because it was lying around on my desk just asking for another page ;-) 

This is another of Azoline's fab new doodle stamps - Sunflowers -  for Carabelle Studio. I used a background from my gel printing adventure, and also stamped the flowers onto another print and then just cut them out. 





 

4 comments:

  1. Awesome.. need alcohol inks 😂 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see the inside pages of your finished journal Kate. Great inspiration! Thanks ~ Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous pages. I wouldn’t want to cover them up.😹

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!