Saturday 21 January 2017

Variations on a theme!

                            

If you see my previous post (here) you will notice some similarities between the two pages in my art journal. I liked my funky haired girl so I added her to another page :-) The long hair made a great frame around my words!


I used a combination of paintbrushes and a brayer (which is my favourite tool of the moment!), acrylic paints, PITT pens, White Signo Uniball pen, Stabilo pencil, Polychromos pencils, Stickles glitter, and Distress Crayons. It is truly mixed media!





My pages usually have many many layers, some of which get covered up. Here are a few progress pics so you can see how it came together. I worked in my Dylusions square black journal - love the grunginesss of working on a black page.








Number stamps by Tim Holtz

Byee for now! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. this is positively gorgeous Kate!!! I LOVE lots of color and layers too:) And that long haired girl is super.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!