Monday 16 January 2017

It's January!


Yup, it's January which means more stuff from me about the whole new year thing. I don't really DO the new year's resolutions thing, because if I do then they are the same every year which means I fail to keep them on a spectacularly regular basis. But I do kind of evaluate and have a think, and promise myself things for the year ahead.

I don't think anyone can deny that 2016 was a horrible year on many levels. I am hoping for much better things for 2017 but I really do worry a lot about the state of the world...... So my message for 2017 is very simple: You had better be better than 2016.



I brayered a background because right now I am in love with my brayer (or stuck in a rut LOL!) and added some pattern with this very cute layering stencil by Tim Holtz. When you draw round the design with a white pen it looks like daisies :-) What's not to love?


I gave my faceless girl lots of wild blue hair and added extra colour with Polychromos pencils and Stabilo pencil, and then journaled in the hair with a white pen.



This page became part of a class I was teaching at Art from the Heart this weekend ... but once again I forgot to take any photos. Doh! You can check out all of the workshops at Art from the Heart *here*. And just a heads up ... due to a couple of late cancellations there are LIMITED places available on a mini journaling class I am teaching on Sunday 22nd if you fancy it?


And finally, guess what? Wohoo! I am joining the DecoArt Media Design Team for 2017, alongside some fabulous artists. You can check out the DecoArt mixed media blog *here* it is full of lovely tutorials and inspiration.


Byee for now

7 comments:

  1. I love the colors you used here, Kate. Calm and serene. I wonder if 2017 will be calm and serene?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh what a nice page Kate and your lady is lovely with her luscious blue hair x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your page is absolutely wonderful!!! I totally love your girl! Congrats on being on the Deco Art design team! I thought you already were lol, so I think they did well adding you to their team!

    Xx Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours are so soothing, and the flowing hair is calming. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the page you made. Especially the colours and the hair are beautifull.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes - may be all be better in 2017!~ Great message Kate. Love your flowing freely girl... hopefully we can do that in 2017 too!! Welcome aboard the DecoArt Media DT - your artwork will be a fab addition. j.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!