Friday 27 February 2015

Introducing Boots the Bunny!

Boots by me! for Stampotique

Ooh, this page is one big hot mess isn't it?!! Ha! I think you can probably tell I had a lot of fun with this background :-) Some days I am really happy to just go with the flow and make a very messy background, it feels good. I think this page also shows that you can get away with a small image on a bigger journal page, especially if there is plenty of interest on the rest of the page.

I used my *new* stamp 'Boots' on this page. Don't you just love a bunny in boots LOL?! I coloured her with my Polychromos pencils because I wanted to create a multi-coloured effect on the dress and this was the easiest way for me to achieve this. (Look out for some tutorials on colouring images coming up soon!)


And then I scrawled with my scratchy old dip pen ...



This is how the bunny appeared originally in my journal. I drew her with a dip pen on a scrap of inky paper and then added her to a journal page. She actually appeared in a Stampington publication once!


Please note in the UK Stampotique Originals are available from:
Art from the Heart (Available for pre-order now - due next week)

Byee for now. Happy weekend everyone!

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely WONDERFUL Kate ♥

    Love, love her dress! And background without saying! Fab sentiment, love it!

    Wishing you a lovely weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I saw her I fall in love!!! it make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really enjoying your series of introductions to your new Stampotique stamps, great to know their pedigree lol.

    Boots is very cute and looks amazing on your page. Not sure i would have the confidence to use her on a large page as i struggle with suggesting perspective.

    Your background is fun and has lots to see :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boots is such a sweet bunny, who could resist her?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh! i love Boots!!!! Love that quote- Kate! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE this page, all the colors, patterns and of course, the Bunny!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is adorable!!!! Definitely love the background! Makes me wanna revisit a little journal soup into my Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the "Boots" stamp so much, I have ordered it...along with Ruff and Bunny Boy and cannot wait to receive them! Your journal page is awesome. I love all of the bright colors...very similar to the bunny Easter cards I plan to make when my stamps arrive:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, thank you! Can't wait to see your creations with my stamps :-)

      Delete
  9. Are your stamps sold in the US? I just love Boots!! She is adorable... along with all your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Penny. They are manufactured and sold in the USA. Have a look here: http://www.stampotique.com/stamp/kate-crane.html

      Delete
  10. Yep, this bunny is on my wish list too. And this is a gorgeous journal page, I love all the colour.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!