Thursday 26 February 2015

The angels' story


Sing by me! For Stampotique
Quote from Hold on Tight by me! For Stampotique

And here are my latest journal pages side by side in my Moleskine ...

I have always, always loved angels. When I was younger I had a book with a story about a mean old man who caught and kept an angel (or maybe it was a fairy?!) in a jam jar. I wanted my very own angel in a jam jar more than anything else in the whole world. I wish I still had that book.

Angels have frequently made an appearance on my journal pages over the years, and I am so, so happy that they have now been made into rubber over at Stampotique Originals :-)

Above you can see my latest creations using Kate's Angel and Sing - both now made into stamps (yay!). I have always coloured my images with Distress ink pads, but I am branching out. I coloured 'Sing' with my lush Polychromos pencils and I have just invested in some ... wait for it ... Copics! Woohoo! Not arrived yet but watch this space ....

But here are how the angels first appeared in my art journals .... Ooh, time for a trip down memory lane ..!



This angel first made an appearance in my art journal 



To see all of my stamp designs for Stampotique originals click *here*.

In the UK Stampotique stamps are available at the following places:

Byee for now!

20 comments:

  1. Love these. Especially the angel with the butterfly wings. I like using butterfly wings sometimes on my figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your new stamps Kate, can't seem to find them on It's Crafting Time web shop though?

    Enjoy your Copics, am looking forward to seeing how you like using them:-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think It's Crafting Time have ordered them ... But they are available at The Stamp Attic, and due any time now at Art from the Heart.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous pages Kate, I love angels too and yours have such character

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Kate these stamps are great. I assume I will be able to get them from AFTH ? I love your Angels. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sam - they are due in at AFTH any time now!

      Delete
  5. I just love all your journal pages Kate and specially love that you have stamps out now that I can use in my own journals. Thanks for being such a wonderful source of inspiration,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pages, Kate, I just love, love your backgrounds ! Must practise more !!!
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! Love your pages and your angels, happy they are being produced at Stampotique, so dang cute! That looks like a background you made over at the Stampotique web site. I just put in an order.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katheryn your angels in you art journal pages are gorgeous and the stamps are so pretty too, you must be delighted with the way the stamps have turned out. The book that you mentioned sounds delightful, do you by any chance remember the title? Maybe it is still available. I have a question for you about your CD's and online journal soup courses. Do the Cd's cover the same/similar things as the on-line classes. And secondly, if you could recommed just one, which yould you suggest please?
    I have only recently found your fab blog and love visiting now, as and when I have time free.
    Warmest best wishes from France.
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Susanne, Thank you for your kind words :-) No, the DVDs and on-line classes are all different covering different pages and different techniques! I think a good place to start would be Journal Soup 1 (on-line), or if you really want to start with the basics try DVDs 1 and 2 as that starts right from the beginning. Thanks! Kate x

      Delete
  9. They are really beautiful and seem very fragile and ethereal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pages are so gorgeous & I love your new stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, LOVE, love seeing all of your journal pages Kate. Thank you, thank you for allowing your images to be created into stamps. We are all better for your kindness. xxx

    Weeeeeeeeee! Hope you get your delivery soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. uuuuuh copics!!!! well, they are out of reach for me!right now, but..one day (sight).....every time I see those beauties my eyes open so big , so I can capture everything!!.......GORGEOUS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful set Kate, love them all. I NEED them all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kate, your angels are wonderful as is all that you create!!
    These pages that you have shared just make my heart sing- truly beautiful- color,marks and your wonderful stamps!! You rock!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the new stamps Kate just put my order in, right on time as I am coming to the UK soon.
    Your pages are stunning, just adore them so inspiring.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your angels - even the first ones! I am drawn to your use of colours, so bright and happy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!