Tuesday 16 December 2014

The 3 Wise Men.

Inks by Dylusions

I love the story of The three Wise Men ...  for lots of reasons. Their story is such a long one, and goes on well beyond the 25th December. I love the way they are often portrayed - dressed in gorgeous colours and silks, with decorated crowns and gowns - such a contrast to the stable scene.


And I love the fact that there are 3 of them. 3 is a great number, and artistically it works really well!

I used 'Rocky' by Daniel Torrente for Stampotique Originals to represent Balthazar, Melchior and Caspar, and then gave them over-sized crowns ;-) I used 'Abstract Foliage' and 'Text Star' by Jo Capper Sandon, also for Stampotique Originals.

And I've also been painting The Three Wise Men in my journal too so watch this space!

Byeeee for now!

15 comments:

  1. As I said on fb - these are the most gorgeous Three wise men I've seen!! So artistic and fun!
    Wishing you a very happy and merry Christmas!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW how much fun are your Three Wise Men! I always enjoy your colour palettes and am looking forward to your journal too:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Kate. You have inspired me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh. Likey! Sorry I didn't get to see you on Saturday :-( Big Christmas hugs and a Happy New Year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kate! They're great! I love the tall crowns! That idea hit you from the beginning didn't it? I'm hoping that we are making these on Saturday! I've managed to get on your driftwood class and your creating your own stamps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Yes, we are making this at the weekend, but hoping to paint a page too ... !

      Delete
  6. These are so gorgeous Kate and I LOVE the background...xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kate I think your three wise men are fab. Looking forward to seeing them painted in your art journal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous page Kate. I would love to be able to do one of your journaling workshops sometime !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this! I love the colors and the textures. The crowns are a really fun and unique touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. J'adore ces trois Rois Mages ! It's a gorgeous page !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!