Wednesday 17 December 2014

More 3 Wise Men!


If you saw my post yesterday then you will know how much I love the story of Three Wise Men. Yesterday I shared with you the Stampotique version in my art journal, but here is the painted version! I LOVED doing these Christmassy pages :-)


For the background I used Amsterdam acrylics by Talens (Standard range), as well as Portfolio oil pastels. To create the hats I used Dylusions stencils and inks (Cherry Pie). And of course a fabulous Stabilo Aquarellable pencil for shading.


I'll be teaching this as a class at Art from the Heart this weekend, although I feel that there may be some scoffing of chocolates and biscuits and the pulling of crackers as we all get into the party mood!

Byee for now!

p.s. Come and follow me on Facebook!


7 comments:

  1. Awesome page, so many fab shapes and colours would love to attend but not able to. Have a fab time eating all those choccies lol! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Kate! Love this and so wish I could join in on the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these 3 Wise Men and the previous 3 are such fun too (playing catch up here!) Have a great workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love, love this page! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're fabulous, as is your gorgeous background. Wishing you and yours a wonderful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous kate and such a great class to do. Really enjoyed this one and your creative thinking with it.
    Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and all the best for 2015. see you soon
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. your interpretation of the 3 Wise Men brings gift of joy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!