Sunday 20 December 2009

Tick tock tick tock...


It was my Mum's birthday this weekend and when I asked her what she wanted for her birthday she said 'make me something to go on the wall'. She also mentioned that her kitchen clock had stopped working, so I put two and two together and made her a clock for the kitchen! It's quite big - about 30cm - but it looked well at home on the kitchen wall. I used stamps by Tim Holtz and Paperbag Studios, and papers by Basic Grey.
A couple of close-ups:



Now, onto other things......this lovely package arrived from Belgium this week because I won some blog candy off the lovely Tania of the life is full of lovely things, enjoy them! blog. It's lovely to receive a bag of goodies in the post but especially nice to receive an original painting off Tania. Click on the pic for a closer look. Thanks Tania :-)


And finally - if you want to be in with a chance of winning a set of fine tipped Sharpie markers (a MUST if you are an art journaler) you must look here at the Craft Stamper Magazine blog . Good luck!

Now, I must go and get myself organised for Christmas. I haven't made a single card this year (shame on me), I still have cards to post and presents to wrap. Tut tut. Must get a move-on!

Bye for now....

19 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift, I love everything about the clock, the colors and the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - are you sure she didn't say "off the wall". Love this, great colours and something really unusual to enjoy looking at every day. Lucky Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She must have squealed when she saw that!!
    Great gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the clock! The little "tick tock" all over it is just great. Next year I've got to do more in the way of making Christmas gifts, I just didn't have time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those birthdays just get in the way don't they! ;) I've had my Dad's, son's and youngest nephew's birthdays this week just gone so I've now started making christmas cards in earnest!

    Love your clock, hope your Mum did too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Mum's clock Kate. Is it on a canvas or from a clock kit? Whatever, your Mum must be very pleased and proud of you.
    My Christmas cards (for close family only) were gathered from the shop samples - those with least fingermarks!!! shame on me too so you're in good company.
    Suexx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful present, your Mum must be very pleased, it's wonderful that she appreciates your art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely clock Kate - your Mum will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Mom's gift is Awesome, Kate! It was made with lots of love, thought and good wishes, and I'm sure that your Mom was thrilled to receive and display it. Thanks for sharing the blog candy too! Warm wishes for a very Merry Christmas! Holiday Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific gift for MOM!! Homemade is always the best...and you are great at it! Now chop chop to get Christmas organized and ready!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You won,I am so thrilled for you.
    I love the blue hair gal, so cool.
    Enjoy !!! I love your art,lovely giftie too.
    Your totally awesome !!!
    Love that you visit my blog, thank you.
    Hugs, Laura.
    I hope Santa brings you some more Zetti for christmas.
    Merry Christmas !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wohoho! That clock is fabulous! That is such a LOVELY gift... bet your Mum loved it too. Just finished wrapping Christmas presents, got a few more tags to make and I'm done... apart from the washing, the ironing, food shopping etc, etc.... Wishing you a Happy Christmas and a Wonderful New Year. x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You put me to shame - still haven't made any cards and only two days to go....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your mom's gift is beautiful! She is going to love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. FAB clock hun i bet she loves it :) and the goodies look great enjoy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. well Kate you are published in Art Journaling.... loving it. Congrats girl, hope it brings you lots of luck. Have a great Christmas and New Year. Ciao.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kate me again, thank you for visiting my blog.
    I am so glad to have found you and your awesome art. I love your blog too.
    Your the coolest artist, can't wait to see what comes next in your art journey !!
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
    So glad we are art friends.
    Hugs, Laura.
    You Rock big time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore the clock - if you mother isn't thrilled, give it to me, lol (fat chance...) This would make a great project - will we be seeing it (or something similar) soon? (magazine or blog)

    I finally have a bit of time to sit & read your latest posts - I'm ashamed to admit all my cards were bought this year (no time, no time) and I really must try to do some for next year, so probably I ought to start about now. Then I might just get a couple done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!