Tuesday 21 February 2023

ATC love :-)

                     

Mini mwords by Edwige
for Carabelle Studio

Oooh I love an ATC - it's where my mixed media journey began many years ago (time flies!) And I still have a huge amount of ATCs from all over the world which I traded back in the day.

As well as trading, ATCs make a great addition to the front of a card, or maybe the front of a handbound mini journal. Some of mine even end up in my art journals.


So here is how this one came together.

I used an ATC sized piece of my stencilled ledger paper using Mix and Match minis (I told you this was going to start appearing on everything!)


And then I layered a piece of Grafix Arts DuraLar wet media over the top. The Wet Media film is amazing because you can use ink sprays, watercolours etc without them beading up. It's fabulous stuff! Here I used some Dylusions Shimmer Ink Sprays.


Of course I also did a little white doodling, splatting, and some white stencilling (also Mini mix and match marks) on top of the overlay.


The stamped image is a new mini by Alexis. Isn't it so cute?!


But then of course I had to see what the little Mini Ouf looked like on shrink plastic (also Gafix Arts) It went tiny and undeniably very very cute ha!






And here is how this one came together ... a scrap of a print using the mini stencils again and some alcohol inks on the gel plate, with a scrap of stencilled ledger paper over the top:


I used a paper punch to add a circle as somewhere for the tiny little fell to sit, and some stitching of course ;-) Followed by some white doodling and some metallic gold stamping. 


And here they are side by side.


Don't forget you can see more about Carabelle  on my blog *here* and follow links to stockists.

You can visit the Carabelle site *here* and look for the translate button!

You can see more about Grafix on my blog *here*

And visit the Grafix website *here*











2 comments:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!