Wednesday 21 September 2022

Sketching the Summer


Something a bit different from me today.

I have always, always loved drawing, but in the last couple of years I started to really enjoy sketching. Sketching anywhere! I now usually have my sketchbook in my bag wherever I'm going just incase there is an opportunity.

One lovely summer's day, we headed up to the beautiful North Yorkshire Dales, and I grabbed the opportunity for a bit of sketching :-) I kept it in my very loose line and wash style.


I find sketching a lot of 'green' can be quite a challenge so I am always on the lookout for something extra - like the road sign, and the fab old barn.

Here are the pics of what I was looking at as I sketched.


I did a free live class for the Junk Journals and Mindful Mixed Media Art group, known as JJAMMAs on facebook over the summer. IF you missed it you can catch up with it here (on you tube).

Thanks to Dr Ali Foxon (on instagram) and the Green Sketching Handbook for the inspiration.

And yes, I did jump in the river while I was there ;-)



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!