Wednesday 2 September 2020

Love a bit of grunge!

 


'Free but not free' describes how I feel about the current lockdown situation. In my part of the UK a lot of restrictions have been lifted a little ... but there is the ever-present threat of them being re-imposed. And although life is making a vain attempt to return to normal, it's the 'new normal' which is not normal. If you get my drift. Normal seems a long long way off right now.

And I am trying to balance that with the fact that myself and my family are safe and well. Although I am living in utter fear for my 'young people' (not kids any more) who are heading off into the big wide world and the unknown.

**sigh**

Anyway, it's all good journal fodder!


This page was a ready-made background in my journal as I made it as part of a live class over on Facebook. And then my son gave me a new glass dip-pen and set of inks (Good son!!) so I scribbled some circles and then spritzed them with water. I LOVE the messy grunge effect.





3 comments:

  1. Wonderful page. Right there with you in spirit and sentiment. And good son!! Glass dip pen...nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Love the blue popping out of the page and the effect of the drip pen is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a grungy lover myself. The addition of the scribbles makes these take on a whole other aspect. Definitely a sign of the times. They're awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!