Saturday 13 June 2020

NEW CARABELLE STUDIO RELEASE!



Yay! It's new release day! :-) It is such an amazing feeling when the new stamps that you designed get delivered to your door and you get to see them in rubber for the first time. And then the fun really begins as you add colour and begin to bring them to life.

There's lots of different fabulous designs by various Carabelle designers yay! Keep an eye on social media where all will be revealed...



For this release I drew a few more quirky figures and faces. Most often these begin life in my Archer and Olive drawing book - a dot grid journal which I love to practise my drawings in. However, some of them simply begin life as a sharpie doodle on the mop up paper on the desk in my studio. Thoughtless doodles are often the best!

So, here are my 'Skittle People'. I like these because they are easy to cut out ;-)

And here is how it looks in my Joggles disc-bound journal as an art journal page:


And it's true - you can't wear bunny ears and be unhappy at the same time ;-)


And here are the 'Little Skittle People' - again, these are nice simple shapes to cut out.

There is no reason at all why one shouldn't have a fish on one's head haha! Here it is just peaking out from a scrap page in my beloved junk journal. I have loved working on this junk journal during lock-down so it was only natural that my new stamps should make an appearance in there.



But also cute on a greetings card (on another gel plate print).



I wanted to design a Baboushka with different faces for a mix-and-match approach. Changing the face COMPLETELY alters the feel of the stamp!

Here's quite a serious looking Babouska, again in my arty junk journal:


H
Here's a few step photos of me colouring her in for the first stem with my glorious Daniel Smith watercolour dots. I tried out a few different faces along the way ...




And VERY usefully, the faces can be cut out with a standard circle punch (I like it when things are EASY!)



I ran my left-over faces through my Xyron sticker machine and ta-da! Stickers for my planner and journal!



And finally more scribbly faces, because I love faces. I started off doodling faces inside sunshine shapes, then just adding circles around, then petals and flowers.....

Here's an arty little greetings card using up gel plate prints with a bit of added stitching.




And here's another face inside my junk journal.




My stamps only arrived this week so I haven't had a lot of time to play, but so far it has been a lot of FUN :-)

There is a special weekend over at 'Les Cara Friends' on facebook with challenges and games to celebrate the new releases, also 15% off at Carabelle Studio on-line.

In the UK, the stamps are in stock already at Art from the Heart, and Stamper's Grove have them on order!

In the USA, please try Joggles or Simon Says Stamp.

Bye for now!




2 comments:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!