Saturday 18 August 2018

Summer art journaling.



After a short summer break I was back at it this week teaching my regular art journaling class at Art from the Heart. As I'm still in a summery mood I wanted to paint something to reflect my summer, and it has been a particularly warm and sunny one here in the UK.

Whilst I was in Anglesey I came across this fabulous lighthouse at Black Point. Isn't it amazing?! I wanted to paint my own version of it over a light colourful summery background.






And while I had the paints out I did a little abstract page at the same time. These colours make me happpyyyyyyyyy :-) 




The art journaling group did a great job and it was fab to see everyone again. Photos of their pages and the class in progress can be seen on facebook here.

Bye for now!

4 comments:

  1. I really love this page, Kate! Your inspiration with that lighthouse is wonderful. Maura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love being by the sea! Feels like this summer flew by, I like the colors and designed that you used on this card. Thanks for the share, hope you had a fantastic weekend. Keep up the posts.

    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab stuff Kate, so glad you had a wonderful time in Wales ! Great and it obviously inspired you to create ! Brilliant !! Sid xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colors Kate- so happy and fun!
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!