Wednesday 15 August 2018

More mini books!



As I'm sure you know, I really love all things miniature so these book kits available from Tando really captured my imagination. The kits actually come with a spine but I decided to doctor it and bind my books with tweed and hessian.



Working on a small scale like this is such fun and a great way to use up all of your leftover collage bits and painty papers.



If you saw my last video for Gel Press using my finger painting technique then you will have seen these inner pages being created:

Video *here*

I used acrylic paints, distress crayons, stamping, gel pens, and a stabile pencil to colour the covers. Also, I love the work of Roxanne Coble of by bun blog, and she  draws little elements to add to her pages, so I tried drawing spindly hands to add to mine.  Check her out, she's amazing!



And then I used up some of my leftover painty papers and collage bits which have built up a bit over the years (!) to start filling the pages. There is a real mix of collage bits here but there are definitely some by Crowabout Studio B and Tumblefish Studio in there for sure:







3 comments:

  1. Wonderful creation. Really need to get back to making books again. Love the colours you use in your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh... myyy... I do love these! I'm away from my artsy supplies for the week but you make me want to get all painty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Kate, I love the tweed and hessian spines...inspired xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!