Tuesday 10 October 2017

Art journal pattern building.

Texture Cube by me! For Stampotique Originals
Everything Art no.6 by Paper Artsy
Marks by Natalie Kalbach
Text stamp by Carabelle Studios

So here's the latest page in my art journal, which is what I would call 'intense pattern building'. I love pattern, layers, colour ... and this page has all of those things.

The 'almost' quote is from a poem - The Summer Day by Mary Oliver. I say 'almost' quote because it is not quite as originally written:

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? 


After lots of paint layers, stencilling, stamping, splatting and doodling, I also added lots of Distress Crayon. Sometimes it is hard to know when to stop, but if I'm still enjoying it I keep going ;-)



I repeated the page in a class I was teaching at The Craftrange Burnley, but this time the colours came out quite differently!



I'll be teaching this page as part of an art journaling weekend I'm teaching at The Craft Box, Elsecar, so maybe I'll see you there?

Byee for now ....

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow...I'm booked in for Saturday Kate and have never done anything like this before! I'm terrified but truly excited too! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!