Thursday 14 May 2015

Something different ....


I have been running local card-making workshops in my village for about 10 years now. Unbelievable .. it feels like about 6 months! Over those years we have covered many many different techniques and styles and we have had a lot of messy fun along the way. This week we ae making angel cards using some of my stamps for Stampotique Originals.

Although my usual style is much more mixed-media based, and definitely more messy (see previous post!) I try and cater for a variety of different tastes (and ages!) of my regular workshop go-ers.

Here's a selection of what we'll be up to this weekend. First off, a very clean and simple style using Ranger Texture Paste as part of the background I have to really fight the urge to layer this up with lots of colour! My biggest problem when doing this sort of thing is keeping my finger prints off it!

Kate's Angel and Carol's flower by Stampotique Originals
Star stencil by Dylusions

I gave 'Kate's Angel' some Martha Stewart butterfly wings this time! And went for a simple single colour using Distress Ink.

Quote by Tim Holtz


But needless to say things got a bit more colourful ... Distress Inks and lots of water to make this background, followed by 'Journey Collage' - one of my all-time fave background stamps.

Sing and Journey Collage by Stampotique Originals



And another background made with Distress Inks. although much more pastel than my usual palette.

Guardian  by Stampotique Originals
Quote by Tim Holtz


It's good to try something different once in a while ... but don't worry, normal service will resume shortly!






4 comments:

  1. Oh Kate! These are gorgeous cards!! What delightful backgrounds for your beautiful angels!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card designs Kate !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!