Friday 12 June 2009

Inchies


Some inchies I made for a trade - they had to include hats or crowns. I made the background using watercolour inks and then found 6 pouty faces. I just love vintage images with straight faces. Why did they never smile? Probably because no-one shouted 'say cheese'! Some of the images came from Lisa's Altered Art but two of them were a freebie off a blog and I've forgotten where I got them...... Oops. If you recognise them let me know :-) I used a Tim Holtz stamp to add the random numbers on the background. I just love random numbers but I'm not sure why. You might think I had an interest in maths or was even good at maths. Ha ha ha ha absolutely NOT! Added the crowns using my favourite old text (yeah yeah, with numbers on), a bit of glossy accents and of course a bit of stitching. It's quite challenging to stitch on a 1" square but a bit of cursing, and coaxing of the sewing machine and I got there :-)
Anyway, swine flu has arrived uncomfortably close to us here......I feel a journal page coming on......

2 comments:

  1. swine flu is it how you call the mexican flu ?? it's here too...
    you made me laugh with your maths addiction... I think because maths are everywhere... in everything single thing ;-) like something that "create" things ?? well I am going to be lost in my explanations ahahahahah !
    Once again, it's beautiful sweetie ! and wha a challenge to sew tiny inch !! Smooch

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are massively cute!
    i have never attempted inchies! i do work on 1X2 inch with the memory frames and find that pretty challenging seeing i want to put a whole story on lol

    have a great weeekend!

    xox tanya

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!