Thursday 29 January 2009

Inside the front cover....

So, here it is. This is the inside of the front cover I made for my art journal while I was at Dyan's workshop here http://www.afth.co.uk/ I have been to very few art workshops or classes in my life but I love going to Dyan art journal classes as sometimes I have to do as I am told (I'm not very good at that!) and try things that are out of my comfort zone but sometimes Dyan lets you get on and do your own thing. I used a variety of different letters for this including some grungeboard which I had never used before (shame on me!). I also used some distress inks and some Ranger paint dabbers before adding the letters to a background of torn text, gesso and Ranger dabbers again. The stamped house is by Paper Artsy and the wings are Stampers Anonymous.
I'm very tired today - working full time takes it out of me. 8.03 pm. Is it too early to go to bed?
Byeeeeeeeee

4 comments:

  1. brillinat background! i love it! and i love all the Ranger u used hihi! (i am a Rangerette* after all!)

    gr t
    *a name we invented at Ranger U 10/08 hihi! we were a mad lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...brilliant that is... pfff typing sucks today, my hands are not willing in the morning! stiff and with a mind of their own i'm afraid!comes with an overdose of crafting ;-)

    xxx t

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving your journal pages, they're awesome. Wish we had such a talented artist like Dyan on the Gold Coast. What did you use for your circles, I think they look cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your journal is really coming along wonderfully !! Love the wings and PaperArtsy touches.
    You really get into a creative groove in Dyan's classes . . . fabulous work !!!
    :-)
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!