Thursday 11 December 2008

And here's the cover.....

Yes, here's the cover for my art journal. I can't tell you how much fun I had doing this at Dyan's workshop! - http://www.afth.co.uk/ There is such a mix of techniques on here - UTEE (coloured and clear), crackle glaze (Blonde Moments), crackle paint (Ranger), rubber stamps (Stampers Anonymous), Rub-ons (7 Gypsies) and of course lots of Claudine Hellmuth paints in my fave colours painted on old book pages. I love painting on old book pages and the Claudine paints are really good for this as they are slightly translucent and the print shows through.
Well, I have to confess I still haven't made any Christmas cards. Hmmmm. Only 13 days to go - I'm cutting it a bit fine. I really do have the best intentions but I get distracted. I have however started on a few Christmas ATCs as I thought some of my arty friends would like an ATC instead of a card and I'm happy 'cos I've got a paintbrush in my hand :-) It was the Nativity at my school last night and I went to see my own kids in their nativity tonight (ahhhhhh!) so I should really be in the mood for Christmas now.
You know I'm not obsessed with stats for my blog (.....well maybe just a little bit - I just like to know that there's someone out there......) but I can't help but notice I've had quite a few visitors since I started bogging last month. Thanks sooooooo much for dropping by :-))))))
And yes, my cough's a lot better now, thanks for asking. I haven't completely lost my voice which I think is a disappointment to some.
Bye for now.

3 comments:

  1. hihi! i have you linked and can see when you post( big brother hihi!)so as soon as you update i visit! love the journal cover!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow . . . awesome cover !! I know you had a blast with all the techniques. Love all the little personal touches . . . quiet glimpses of your life. Lovely work.
    :-)
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sweetie that is looking fab now!! Love the vibrancy, and look at you, more rub-ons lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!