Tuesday 20 June 2023

Show Update!

Swimmers by me!
Mix and Match mini (Stencils) by me!
Using Grafix DuraLar Wet Media 

Well, didn't we have a lovely time at the Stamp Magic show this weekend?! The show seemed a little quiet as has been the UK trend since the Pandemic and lockdowns, but our little Stampers Grove corner and demos were super-busy all day. Thanks so much to all of you who stopped by to watch or just chat, it was great to see you all.


It's no secret that I LOVE working with Grafix products (check out the Grafix tab at the top of my blog) so on the day I was playing mostly with the Wet Media (fabulous stuff!), but also a little with the DuraBright opaque white, alongside Carabelle Studio of course. I was using a variety of products including alcohol inks, and Tim Holtz Watercolour pencils (you guessed it - wet media takes anything wet!)


Here is my project in progress on the day ....

Alcohol inks: Gumball, Butterscotch, on Wet Media 

Layered over a pick up print from the Gel Press, and collage scraps using the Mix and Match mini stencils in between.


And a few show pics ....


Such a great team to work alongside...

           
       James (of Stampers Grove) Jo, and me!                 James and Lisa


One of the big advantages of working with Grafix Wet Media, is that it is transparent, so it lends itself to building up layers so, so well. And you an sandwich bits inbetween as I did here, before adding a few white doodles and splats on the top.


Here's my little corner, with Stampers Grove,  at the show:


**Grafix products available in the UK from Stampers Grove.

I had many questions about my colouring technique on stamped images, but don't forget I have a video on my loose and carefree colouring style *here*





Huge thanks to James of Stampers Grove for asking me along, and to Grafix Arts for their support (and lovely products!)











 

2 comments:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!