Wednesday 11 January 2023

Happy new year!

Stamps: Happy Ratties, Bunting Bonanza, Clowning Around 
Stencil: Little Strips by me! 
Gommettes stencil by Edwige

Happy new year everyone! May 2023 bring joy, peace and creativity to all :-)

But can I just say I hate January? Those of us living in the Northern Hemisphere know that we still have a long way to go until lighter nights, lighter days and a little more warmth *sigh*

So this page in my junk journal sums up how I feel after the festive season!



Here's a few progress pics so you can see how the page came together.

I started with a very scruffy and loose background using acrylics by Dina Wallet Media Line. On top of this I added some stencilling using Gommettes by Edwige, and then some scribbles with a white posca pen.


I built a small collage piece on a gel print (Little Strips stencil seen in the background), a few scraps of ledger paper with marks added, and some old text.


I stamped bunting onto scraps of leftover gel prints and let it fall away on the second page, like old Christmas decoration that are starting to fall down! And a few stamped circles with old lids and a cross from a hand craved stamp.

 
Once finished it tucked back inside my beloved old junk journal.


Happy new year everyone! Roll on summer ;-)

 

1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!