Tuesday 31 May 2022

Something a little different ....



Well, it's no secret that I do love a bit of clay, but this is air drying clay - Das to be specific. This stuff has been around for years, I distinctly remember playing with this as a kid! 

I decided to make a plate, using my Art Printing plate - Flowers and Leaves by Carabelle Studio and it's really not so hard to do.



First I used a rolling pin to smooth out the clay into a thin sheet, than pressed the texture plate into it. Then laid it over one of my own plates (with a little cornflour to prevent sticking), and trimmed off the edges with a knife. Just like making a pie!

I let it dry, and then painted it in acrylics. A little Stickles and a good few layers of spray varnish and ta-da!


And here's a few progress pics ....


Das is easy to get hold of in art shops, craft shops, and of course the usual on-line giants. Try it, it's fun!


 

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful Kate, now I know what I can do with the 2 packs of clay I have (no idea why I have 2!)
    Great inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate, this looks fun, I think my granddaughters will enjoy this activity x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally love this and I even might give it a try one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Kate, wonderful inspiration ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful and thank you for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! I love this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Kate, I love it! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks amazing! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!