Monday 7 March 2016

Colour wheel madness!


I am loving my new colour wheel stamp (newly released by Stampotique), loving it! I used it several times over in this journal page, which I then taught as a class at Art from the Heart (UK) this weekend.


I just adore all this colour! And scribbly, messy, untidy colouring in. Yay! for colouring outside of the lines :-)


I used a faux watercolour technique to create this background using the fabulous Dylusions acrylic paints, and then stitched my colour wheels on top, like a patchwork quilt:


Of course once I got going I just had to do more ... so I made another 'watercolour' background and added some images:


I CAN sing a rainbow, oh yes, I CAN!

And here they are side-by-side in my large Strathmore journal:


Byee for now ....

12 comments:

  1. These are fabulous Kate. I especially like the idea of sewing on the colour wheel squares. I can't wait to receive my wheel stamp and cube to experiment. Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pages. Especially the colour wheel one.

    Xx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much yummy color!! Love the new colour wheel stamp. What's your 'watercolor' technique? Just adding lots of water? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, put very small amounts of acrylic paint on a craft mat, spray with lots of water, then take your journal or page to the mat and press down. Dry off with a heat gun and then press down again until you like it!

      Delete
  4. I'm a first time visitor, and am inspired by your creativity and skill. Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous pages Kate and it was a fabulous class as always
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab colours and loads of interest Kate !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these marvellous pages!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi--love the new stamps and going to order several. thanks for sharing your beautiful artwork with the color wheel stamp. can you tell me where i can find your "faux watercolor technique?" thanks much, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo Anne, I haven't really done a tutorial on this technique but maybe I should! This is a brief description: Put very small amount of acrylic paint on a craft mat, spray with lots of water, then take your journal or page to the mat and press down. Dry off with a heat gun and then press down again until you like it! Add extra pattern and texture by sponging through a stencil and adding some stamping. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous pages. Love your colours and the messiness of your new colour wheel stamp

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!