Wednesday 6 January 2021

Happy new year!


Well, happy new year! Wow, little did we know at the start of 2020 what lay ahead. This time last year I was preparing to head to Paper World in Frankfurt with Gel Press and Carabelle Studio, but this year I have barely left the house since last March! What a year. And here in the UK we have just gone back into our third lockdown, probably until the end of March, as the virus has spread and reached unprecedented levels. Better safe than sorry, but it is very, very hard for many people and businesses. Thank goodness for the internet and on-line classes (details of my pre-recorded classes as well as Facebook Live classes can be found *here*)

The most recent page in my journal sums it all up I think (sorry about the swearing .. well it's not exactly swearing but it infers swearing!). I took my 'Skittle' stamp and gave it a facemask, as facemasks have become a normal part of life now.


The backgrounds were made with alcohol inks on the Gel Press (ooh my favourite messy technique!) and some stencils by Carabelle Studio (links above). I love the colour combo of dusky blue/grey with hot orange :-)


I added this to my Junk Journal (inside a vintage book cover) next to a page I made following a class by Kasia in last year's wanderlust (I love Kasia's classes very much!)


On top of everything else we also had Brexit at the end of December. I don't fully understand the implications of this but I know it will affect postage rates to some countries. Please check out the Carabelle page on my blog where I try and keep a list of stockists, and if you know of any more please DO let me know so I can keep it up to date.

(Here's a lesser known and perhaps not so obvious fact: Companies often sell to distributors, who then sell on to retail stores. This means that the original company know which distributor they sold to but they do not always know who the stamps etc were sold on to. And this is why there is not always a straight forwad list of stockists.....)





 

3 comments:

  1. Wonderfully said and done Kate. Your 2 pages are just fantastic. I adore the mask idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, whoever thought face masks would become a fashion accessory? They're all the latest for snowmen and gingerbread men. I beat the trend and have had to wear masks off and on for the last 4 years due to chemotherapy but I'm thinking it might just be time to cut loose, gel print some cotton and make some one-of-a-kind masks! Love all your videos and thank you so much for doing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Donna, who knew that your treatment would lead to you being a trendsetter? I hope you are doing OK after the treatment X

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!