Wednesday 2 December 2020

December ATC challenge!

Art Doll stamp by me! 

Back in 2008 I first branched out into mixed media - a step away from my usual more neat scrapbooking and card making. On-line groups were in their infancy (can you believe that?!) I stumbled across some ATC trading groups and threw myself into mixed media art (and I'm still going!) I still have many many ATCs from around the world carefully stored in my treasured possessions. 
I LOVE ATCs and in fact anything small. The rules are that an ATC must measure 2 1/2" by 3 1/2" ... and that's it! They are small but a great way to use up your painted scraps, the ideal size for stamped images, and you can pack them with detail.

ATC stamp 

Every day Carabelle Studio have a prompt for you, based on a song, and from there it's up to you. Let your imagination run wild.

Today's prompt is 'I want sunshine', kind of appropriate for December. So of course I had to use my sunshine art doll - she's perfect for the occasion.


Here is the list of challenge prompts:



And here is the little teaser for the challenge on you tube:


I made a couple of ATCs to announce the challenge using up some of my gel printed scraps:

Butterflies by Birgit Koopsen 




     
ATC stencil

Funky Duck by me!


    



Hope you'll join us in this month long challenge. Something to brighten the grey days of December and to cheer us all up in the middle of this pesky pandemic!




 

3 comments:

  1. Your ATCs are gorgeous, Kate! I'd love to know where you trade. I trade mine mostly on SwapBot these days but used to trade quite a bit on ATCsForAll. Every once in a while I join a Stampotique ATC trade, too. Would love to find some more good groups to trade in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, these probably won't be traded as they'll most likely be sent to Caravelle HQ for use on stands at trade shows etc! But have a look at a group called 'mini marvels' on facebook. They often organise trades of all things small and cute. Worth a look ....

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I'll check it out.

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!