Thursday 4 June 2020

Skinny art journaling.



One of the things I really wanted to improve on during these strange lock-down times was my bookbinding skills. I wanted to be able to stitch signatures by hand rather than resorting to the lazy way of using my sewing machine! It's actually not that hard, although a book binding cradle help you to lunch holes in the right place without the effort of measuring (I don't like measuring)

I got a very lovely wooden book binding cradle *here*

I decided to make a tall (A4 height) but skinny journal as I was inspired my friend Lyn who took my Journal Soup classes but completed them on pages tall and skinny just like this. Hers looked fabulous so of course I had to do it too ;-)

I made the wrap around cover from a material called 'paper leather' which is a bit like paper but also a bit like leather ha! It's nice and sturdy, and fairly resilient so good for a journal cover.


I've made my first scribbly, colourful, messy page, and I'll be doing more. Such a fun size!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!