Thursday 29 August 2019

A long overdue catch up!



Well it's been a long busy ol' summer consisting of exams (not me - the teenagers!), exam leave, festivals (er, not me again!), parties (you guessed it-  not me LOL!), birthdays, summer holidays to sunny places, mini breaks, a bit of dog sitting, as well as the usual daily shenanigans. 

My sister's beautiful pooch who came to visit for a couple of weeks.
What's that? No dogs on the furniture did you say?

Art has been happening but in a quiet, behind the scenes kind of a way. If you are a creative type then I think art always happens ... in one way or another. I don't go anywhere without a journal, my knitting, my crochet etc etc. The bit I am thoroughly useless at is sharing on social media. I am also very easily distracted by those around me who are always way too willing to distract ... and due to exam leave etc the house has been with teenagers since May. My usual peace and quiet has been well and truly shattered ;-)

But onwards and upwards. School starts again next week for one while the other heads off to Uni (GULP), and normal life will slowly resume. Well, as normal as it can be with one off at Uni leaving the Mama feeling proud but a little bereft *sob*.

Anyway, here are a few pages I have neglected to share over the last few weeks .... 

I ALWAYS love a good rainbow. Really, the natural world knows best :-) And recently I am a little obsessed with fish. My son has two lovely large fish tanks in his room and the fish are fascinating to watch. (BTW he too will be off to Uni next year, and then guess who gets to look after the fish YIKES). Anyway, I recently taught this class as part of my regular art journaling classes at Art from the Heart and it was an extremely quiet morning as everyone concentrated fully on colouring in their fish! (Note to self: Must do colouring in more often)


We painted the fish first and then filled in a watery background around them. There is plenty of journaling in the middle if you can see it ... in white, and a bit scribbly, but definitely there.


Then, as a variation we painted rainbow paper and used it to cut out collage shapes to add to a background. LOVE these bright rainbow shapes!


And then a quick mop-up page in my little 6x6 Dina Wakley journal - so easy and quick to work on this size.



And here are a few pages from previously then I just don't think I got round to sharing (MUST DO BETTER).





And finally, last but definitely not least, LOOK WHAT ARRIVED THIS WEEK. Yaaaaaas! New Carabelle stamps and texture plates coming very soon. I am a busy busy bee working on samples right now :-) Excited doesn't even cover it! Watch this space for news ........


7 comments:

  1. Way to go, Kate! Loving the colour etc (and your widdle doggie, lol). xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning creations. Love the doggy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So love your rainbow effects cards, then there are few more greatly admired!!! Such beautiful colors you add together! Also, love that sweet dog- right at home and very comfy on your couch : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! Love the rainbow of colors!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning colors. Love the fishes & composition. Working through your journal soup 2 workshop and love it! 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your colors, composition, and design. Slowly moving forward in Journal Soup 2������‍��

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely art Kate - that's more than I've managed to do over the summer (and I've no teenagers at home, just an elderly mum!) I especially like the rainbow fishes on their watery BG and the pop of pink circle with the houses. I'm with you on the kids leaving home for uni. Mine are just that bit older now but still miss them like crazy and love it when they all descend on home!! Stef x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!