Tuesday 17 April 2018

Something Fishy ...



I'm always thinking up new ideas and looking for something different to do with my regular art journaling group at Art from the Heart. They are a very talented and experienced group so they really do keep me on my toes!

This time I decided to go with a fishy theme. Lots of mark making, and pattern building, and of course the brayer had to make an appearance too!

On the first page we created a patterned background using the fabulous Dina Wakley Media paints, and then drew and painted the fish onto the page. We incorporated Prima watercolours, and shaded with the Stabilo Aquarelleable pencil.



In the second page we made painted patterned papers to cut our fish from, again using the Dina Wakley paints. The background was created using a brayer ... we rarely have a class without the brayer making an appearance - it has become something of an in joke!



I'll be teaching something very similar to this at The Craftrange Burnley on 5th May, so if you fancy it come and join us there.

4 comments:

  1. No way! My next journal class features fish cut from gelli prints. Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore these pages with the color and demenion, you have done, Sherry. Those fishes are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am genuinely thankful to the holder of this web site who has shared this great article at here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!