Saturday 17 February 2018

Play-Colour-Make Marks


Butterfly image by Itkupilli 
Vintage image by Crafty Individuals

This is the kind of art journaling where I completely lose myself in the process, just content to play. So much colour, doodling and layers makes me happy. I made this page in preparation for my regular art journaling class at Art from the Heart (Harrogate UK), but I enjoyed making it so much I had another go pushing myself with my colour choices.


And here they are side by side in my Dylusions black journal:



 A page like this gradually evolves, layer after layer. These are often the pages I love the most in my journal, not because of how they look, but because I LOVED the process.






And here they are side by side in my (messy) happy place :-)


Thanks for looking, Bye for now!

8 comments:

  1. When I think of joy, this is what it looks like! These pages are delightful layers of goodness and play. I'm smiling now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous build up. Thanks for taking us through this process in the mini journaling class. I'm loving this technique xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful Kate love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. DELIGHTFUL... so VIBRANT and UPLIFTING. HAPPY CONTENTMENT! Thank you Kate. Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both these pages are just delightful - thanks for showing how you did each layer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make me want to go paint. Wonderfully fun pages, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! They both look fabulous, just loved seeing those layers build up! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this Kate!!! You are truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!