Monday 15 January 2018

Journaling the new year.


Thinking backwards and thinking forwards ... a page for the year just gone, and a page ready for the year ahead.
Back to my roots a bit with these pages, a good ol' bit of collage. I used some fabulous kits by Crowabout Studio B at Mischief Circus ... Be Free and Peaceful Dwellings. I just LOVE Nancy's images!


I decided to use up some backgrounds that have been kicking around on my desk for a while. When teaching classes I often create on loose leaf card which rarely gets finished so I end up with lots of partly done backgrounds. I added more layers to tie in the colours of the images with the colours I had on my background and I added a lot of scribbling with the Dina Wakley Media Scribble Sticks.


I added these loose pages to my large Strathmore journal which I use as a kind of journal scrapbook, and then let the journaling spill out onto the page a bit.


And this final bit of stamping is from a fab set I managed to bag myself when I visited Art Chick Studio in Holland. I couldn't resist adding a bit more scribble.
(My husband looked at this page, pointed to this bit and said 'Did YOU do that?!' 
Ha ha ha ha :-) Oh yes I did.


2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the year in review on one page. Gears are turning... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely idea Kate and great to look back on in years to come! And as for the scribble, well, we all need to bring out the child in us a little bit more :) Stef x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!