Friday 24 November 2017

A Vintage Journey - guest post


I was delighted when I was asked to be a guest blogger for Vintage Journey blog, especially when I heard the theme was Mini Marvels - right up my street! I absolutely love anything in miniature -the smaller the better - so this was a really great challenge for me.


I used some wonderful little greyboard pieces to make covers and inner pages for a teeny tiny journal, from a grab bag at Tando Creative which are brilliant for putting together to make concertina journals. 

I added lots of luscious colour with DecoArt Fluid Acrylics - you just can't beat these for fabulous depth of colour. I also used their one-step crackle and antiquing cream to create some texture and interest on the front cover.


And then in-between each hard cover I added tiny aged and distressed pages, stitched together to create signatures between each fold. 


There are lots of step-by-step photos on the Vintage Journey blog post so please do go and take a look for all of the info :-)


Thanks so much to the team at Vintage Journey for asking me to blog for them this month.


6 comments:

  1. Kate, this is awesome......and JUST might buy a couple of those off-cut packs from Tando!!!...Great ambassador for the product....Congratulations on your success....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, you teeny tiny journal really is a mini marvel! As always, your colours and design are an absolute delight and a pure feast for the eyes. I cannot thank you enough for being guest designer with us at A Vintage Journey! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely lovely little journal, Kate. I really like the vintage-y pages in your signatures. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are absolutely amazing!!! I am always so very inspired by my visits here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Kate, I adore your little book. Wonderful colours. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!