Monday 12 June 2017

Art Journal Collage

Images by Tumblefish Studio at Mischief Circus

I had another great day teaching art journaling to my regular art journal group at Art from the Heart at the weekend, and after quite a few requests to return to collage that is what we did! Collage is really how I began my whole journey into mixed media and art journaling back in about ... 2008, so this felt a bit like going back to my roots.

We used images by Crowabout Studio B and Tumblefish Studio (by kind permission) as I have ALWAYS loved their images.  The images are available from the shoppe at Mischief Circus and once you have them you can download, resize, print as many times as you like.

Just a little word of advice ... if you haven't used this kind of collage image before then please be aware that the images are usually offered  in two formats. PNG images are aimed at digital collage artists who want to build collages on their computers. If you want to do cut'n'stick collage then you are probably better looking for the JPEGs, sometimes known as printables. 

Images by Crowabout Studio B at Mischief Circus

This is how my backgrounds looked before I added anything ... just a simple paint, then brayer, then stencilled background:


Then I started to layer images on the page:


And finally, once the images were in place I added more detail by stamping, stencilling, and doodling.




Really I haven't done any collage for ages, and it was so much fun!

Byeee for now!


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pages and fantastic imagery. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've been having lots of fun with these collages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely pages with Marsha´s and Nancy´s lovely images - great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!