Monday 13 February 2017

CHA Stitches ... getting ready!

Media board, heart and washers by Tando Creative
Half-tone stencil by Andy Skinner
Steampunk and Industrial stamp sets by Andy Skinner

It's less than a week until CHA Stitches at the NEC, Birmingham, UK. Yay! I'll be there playing with DecoArt goodies, alongside Andy Skinner on the Country Love Crafts stand. Maybe I'll see you there? Pop by and say hello if you're at the show, I'd love to see you!

In preparation I've been having a play with some fab shapes from Tando Creative (lovely, lovely surface to paint on!), and of course my DecoArt goodies. I used Fluid Acrylics, alongside Weathered Wood to create the crackle on the heart. For the washers I began with a layer of Texture Sand Paste, built up layers of colour, and then filled the holes with Liquid Glass.


I used a brayer to create the background on this long tag:

Long tag and circle by Tando Creative
Chalk Paints by DecoArt
Mini stitches stencil by Tando Creative
Half tone stencil by Andy Skinner
Steampunk and Industrial stamp sets by Andy Skinner

The circle is actually painted with Chalk Paints. These are quite new to me but I wanted to have a play especially as they now come in 2oz bottles - perfect for crafters. The very matte finish is a contrast to the slight sheen of the fluid acrylics. Like them! They are great for painting straight onto any substrate, such as wood. Think furniture! Hmmmm, what can I decorate in my house?    ;-)



That's it for today, but I've got more samples to share so I'll be back ... !

4 comments:

  1. Adore these' keep saying I will come to a journal day but it's booked up as soon as it's listed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lou! Yes, the journal classes fill up especially quickly, usually on preview day itself. If you ring AFTH on preview day you might be able to book it that way. Hope to see you there one day! x

      Delete
  2. Both are just SUPER Kate. The tag is my fav with the ORANGE (yum) circle and butterfly - love the background. YOU have created some beauties for CHA! High Five!! Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great samples - enjoy CHA Stitches

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!