Tuesday 18 October 2016

Art journaling, and a bit of this 'n' that.


At the weekend I crossed over the Pennines (gasp!) and went to teach at the very wonderful Craftrange in Burnley, Lancs, for a day of art journaling and mixed media madness using the Media Line by DecoArt. It was a great day, with some lovely people, in a very tempting craft shop!


We worked in our journals, on tags, we rusted card to make faux rivets, we used crackle paint, spread crackle glaze through stencils and we played with lots and lots of colour :-) Oh, and we made lots of mess too, but a mixed media day wouldn't be a mixed media day if we didn't make a lot of mess!

Thanks to the lovely staff at the Craftrange for making us all feel so welcome :-)





Unfortunately on the day I was so engrossed I completely forgot to take any photos. Doh! I am so annoyed at myself for this.




So, what else have I been up to? Well, working in school obviously, and OMG I have been so exhausted! A room full of 7 year olds is lots of fun but also very tiring.....

And knitting socks. Ha! This last year or so I have crocheted 4 full size blankets so I thought it was time for a change. I NEED a project for the evenings when I eventually sit down. I don't relax by doing nothing, I relax by doing something. So here is my first ever pair of socks ta-da! Using Goldfinch yarn by WYS in case you are interested. Click on the link below the pic for a fabulous blog with the pattern.


Byeeeeeeee


14 comments:

  1. Those socks are amazing! I can crochet no problem but haven't knitted since I was a teenager...And it goes without saying that I love the artwork.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh you should try it Angie! I hadn't crocheted before I made my blankets and there's no stopping me now!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for a great day. Thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait to finish off my planner now. Just got to find some me time! Xxx

    Ps. Love the socks!,

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all very beautiful! I especially love the socks! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your posts always brighten my day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous projects from the workshop, what fun that looks. the socks are so colourful, bet they'll keep your toes toasty warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE all the creations.. 1st one is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the socks! Kate, you are amazing - I love not only your creativity but also your productivity.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous colorful art as always Kate!! LOVE those socks too. I cn crochet but just cannot get the hang of knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kate..I had a brilliant day out, thank you. Loving your socks...socks are next on my list to make...xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The projects from the workshop are stunning. The colours are beautiful and I just love the socks! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely art journal page. love the colours, and those socks look cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fabulous socks, and a good choice of yarn too! WYS is great for cosy socks! Your artwork looks very spectacular :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you Christine! It's all down to you of course :-)

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!