Wednesday 21 September 2016

More journaling, classes, and paper punches!


Well, as you can see, I'm still playing with paper punches. These are leftover from my card making days ... but these days I use them in quite a different way. I especially like the negative shape which is left behind when you punch a shape so I made it the focus of my page here.

Here are a few progress pics and close ups.

Before I added the journaling:

And this is how it looks just as the background:

I am IN LOVE with my new texture cube for Stampotique Originals. I know I designed it and I should be a bit more modest, but hey, it's fabulous! haha!

Got to love a bit of washi tape:

Ooh, lovely metallics!

And a random bit of stitching, complete with dangling threads completes the page:




I included this page as part of my regular art journaling class at Art from the Heart yesterday, and what a very lovely day it was. Lots of messy, painty creativity, chat, laughs, mess, and biscuits. LOVE this group :-)


And they all produce beautiful art journal pages, using mine as a springboard but then giving it their own twist.



Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a new toy to play with - a large hexagon punch to go along with my small hexagon punch. A few of these and my sticker machine makes me very happy :-))) Byeeeeeeee



2 comments:

  1. Love the idea of creating your own stickers. I really like using the negative space bits and pieces. Great ideas Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful journal page - I love all the pretty colors you use. It looks like everyone was having fun at the class!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!