Wednesday 6 May 2015

A catch up.


A catch up post today, as I have been really busy - here, there and everywhere! 

First of all I wanted to share pics of the latest publication by Dawn Sokol, and I'm in it!! Wheeeeee! So happy to be included in the gorgeous book and very excited to be published alongside so many of my arty on-line buddies :-) There's a lot of people and art I recognise in this book, it's fab!
Dawn's previous art Journaling book - 1,000 artist journal pages - has kept me occupied for literally hours!


At the weekend I headed 'darn sarf' to teach the last ever workshop at The Stamp Attic in Oxford *sniff sniff*. Wendy and Colin have decided to retire which is fabulous for them, but a little sad for the rest of us..... Still, we made the most of it this weekend and created lots of messy, painty, inky art. Thanks to everyone who came along, to Lisa and Wendy for the yummy cakes, and to Colin and Wendy for their awesome hospitality.



And finally, I have been posting pics of my crochet over on Facebook and lots of you have been asking for the pattern. First of all I should explain that even though I have been a life-long knitter I am totally new to crochet. I have been watching some of my friends crochet so I decided to have a go. Actually it's not that hard! I bought myself this book, watched a few you tube vids, had a bit of a practice and then started on this blanket designed by Lucy at Attic24. I chose this one because it seemed to be the easiest, and also LOOK AT THE COLOURS!!!

 Early beginnings ....

Added a bit more ....



Over 2/3rds of the way through and already keeping me warm in the garden!


Lucy's designs are amazing. She has put the funky back into crochet, and she shares lots of photos of how it SHOULD look, oh so helpful for a novice like me!

Byee for now.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the links Kate, such a vibrant and happy blanket! Glad to see you are enjoying yourself :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the book and I love your pages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for a brilliant weekend!!
    See you at yarn dale xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate, your journey into crochet is proving to be very fruitful ! Love your blanket and also congrats for being published !

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done- love your colors as well! How cozy it must be! tfs! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your gorgeous crocheting. Congrats on being published, well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the link to the blanket-I just picked up crochet and this is perfect for me! Gonna start it this coming long weekend!

    Shine on!
    Kelley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!