Tuesday 10 February 2015

Hearts, hearts everywhere ...


Well, I don't really like Valentine's day, but I do love a heart image! Started making this journal page yesterday and then I couldn't stop adding hearts to everything (Call back tomorrow to see my Feb art calendar page and you'll see what I mean LOL!)

I tripled layered the hearts to make them 3-D, and added a bit of random stitching:



I brayered all of these backgrounds. I have fallen in love with my brayer all over again (Speedball is my fave). You can make a background super-fast and if you don't like it you just keep brayering over it, building up lovely layers as you go. What's not to love?




And because I still had some red painted card left over which I HAD to make into hearts I did this page too, with a wonderful image by Daniel Torrente for Stampotique Originals.




Occasionally, just very occasionally I make a greetings card. This one is for the mister on Valentine's day. I even managed to keep it free from painty finger-prints, now that IS amazing ;-)



Byee for now!

11 comments:

  1. Fab heart collages Kate !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed-what 's not to love about these gorgeous projects and hearts!!! Love the dimension you gave them with the stitching Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these. I am inspired to whip out my brayer -- I'd sort of forgotten about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I had forgotten about mine too but I have fallen in love with it all over again :)

      Delete
  4. love! I too am not a big Valentine's day person, but I love your use of hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely !! fantastic! big hug

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love my smaller brayer a lot and do try to use it often, as you say you can always keep adding layers because they dry so quickly.

    Three gorgeous projects, the layered and sewn hearts are tugging at my heart strings, your OH will adore his card:-) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!