Tuesday 2 September 2014

Well hello there!


Yeah, yeah, I know it's been ages but it's been the summer holidays! But do you know what day it is today? Yup, it's the first day of term :-) And I've got a lot of catching up to do ....

Although I haven't been around much in blogland I have still been busy ... here and there when I had the chance. At the weekend I taught what has become a regular class of mini art journaling, at Art from the Heart (UK). Seems like a lot of us like doing this on a miniature scale. For me the point of mini journaling is not to create masterful works of art, but to capture a moment ... a thought ... a mood ... Just something quick. It's also a great place to use all your small stamped images that tend to get lost on a larger page.

Image by Danielle Torrent for Stampotique
Collage image from Found Relatives by Tim Holtz

Collage image from Found Relatives by Tim Holtz

Crow stamp by Dylusions
Background stamp By Jo Capper-Sandon for Stampotique

Stamp by Daniel Torrente for Stampotique

Magazine image

I may or may not have been in a bad mood when I made this page ;-) :



And just to prove it really happened (LOL) here they are all hard at work making a mess!



So, what else have I been doing? 

Oh yes, I've been busy uploading my latest videos for Journal Soup 2. Coming THIS WEEK! Yikes! But seriously, do you know how long it takes to upload just one video? Hours. HOURS. DAYS. Seriously. But I'm getting there and it's nearly good to go ... watch this space!


But where is my calendar completed for August and my calendar ready for September? Erm, well, that's a work in progress I'm afraid! Sorry that I haven't put the link up yet .... I will do soon, but in the meantime don't forget about the Facebook group here.

Byee for now ....










6 comments:

  1. Love the "may have been in a bad mood" page . . . . it certainly is the truth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pages! I can hardly wait for journal soup 2! I loved the first one and am waiting on tenter hooks for #2. Love those Daniel Torrence stamps, they are so strangely weird and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your miniture works of art Kate. And I too am behind in my 365 calendar and very late getting the September pages ready. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate
    Nice to see you back in Blogland.
    I too have had some time off, if you need it you should! It's always here when you come back.
    Gorgeous mini journal work. DebbieX
    I

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you back - love the mini journal pages - I just got my first small (to me) A6 size and am loving it. I agree, your "may have been in a bad mood" page is FAB! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kate....how I wish we lived closer!!! Your work is always so inspiring....and just so amazing!! Always makes me so happy to visit your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!