Friday 1 February 2013

A new month!

Ink Sprays (new colours!) by Dylusions: Cherry Pie, White Linen
Alphabet and Flourish stamp by Tim Holtz

Wow, how did it get to February already?! Well, in the UK January has been cold, dark, wet, snowy, and mostly miserable ... need I go on?! But in February we optimistically start to look towards spring (although in reality it is still some way off), and of course it is the month of LOVE. I just had to use the new Dylusions colour Cherry Pie which is my new all-time favourite. I mixed it with some of the new White Linen which created it beautiful marbled areas on the page.

For a change I decided to use tags for each day, although I'm definitely still a rows and columns girl. I have tried a more freestyle approach but I get in a mess, miss days out, write each day twice etc  so I use what works for me. What can I say, I'm easily confused LOL.



"How do I love thee? Let me count the ways". What a great quote.


 Guess which day this is?!


YesterdayI taught a workshop at Art from the Heart (UK) on calendar journaling and we spent the day merrily making calendar pages for the months ahead. Some of the group were old hands at this (and I mean old in the nicest possible way!).  Here's a few pics of some of the group in action (you can just feel the concentration!)
Here's Christine who has been going for over 3 years, and who can do great things with a gelli plate (and also makes her own journals). Unfortunately she actually made her January pages twice which prompted a lot of  manic giggling sympathy.


And Colleen who is making a fantastic and beautiful LARGE calendar journal. (You can also see Jill in the background ... She has made some beautiful, colourful calendar pages but she doesn't have a blog. I have been trying to twist her arm to join Facebook - it's worth it for the art groups alone!)


Tracey is a newbie to calendar journaling (although not to art and crafting) and she got off to a flying start with 3 months ready-to-go:


And Catherine, who chose to work on a smaller scale and made a small but perfectly formed wintery page:


It was a fun and productive day!

Well done to everyone on some amazing journal pages ... the creativity and inspirational ideas just seem to grow and grow with each month. The number of people participating in the challenge is now into the hundreds and shows no sign of slowing down. A huge massive thanks to all of you for joining me on this arty journey.

If you are still up with the challenge, you can link to your blog here. But don't forget it's all happening on  the very active Facebook group too (it's a closed group, but don't worry - just click the ask to join button), and the Flickr group is still pretty active as well.





9 comments:

  1. Love the tags...great way to mix it up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate your February pages are just gorgeous, very romantic and full of passionate energy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love! your new calendar page... the cherry pie with white over top is just gorgeous! Love the swirl stamp you used in the background - reminds me of one of my carved stamps! Great minds think alike, eh? :) have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate, your February calendar is over the top fabulous! Your work is so inspirational! Your students all look like pros. I'm loving this project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your classes are always so full of smiling faces and vibrant art-wish I could be there! Just asked to join on FB-I'm not on it often-didn't know you had a page there. My Feb calendar is up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a gorgeous page!! Great class photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I need to come to England so I can take one of your classes. I just love your backgrounds. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea is it too late to join in?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab colours Kate :-) I do think of doing my days differently but still stick with the same old.
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!