Friday 10 June 2011

June at last!

Flourish from Artful Flight by Tim Holtz
Paints and inks by Dylusions

Did you think I hadn't managed to complete my calendar page for June? Tsk tsk, how could you think such a thing? Of course I did a page ... just running a little late that's all :-)

Love these random letters, or 'alphabitties':



And loving these 'Bold Birds' by Maryse Carrier. I think they look cute nestling amongst a flourish!



I created some grungy background effects by flicking water on my page (you have to be feeling quite brave to do this!)


And here's the page in progress ... it looks soooo messy! When I am teaching art journaling I always say that every page has a cr*p stage but you have to work through it! If my pages weren't all firmly attached inside my Moleskine I think quite a lot of them would hit the bin before I had chance to finish them! So here's the cr*p stage:



Here's the page with a few things balanced on top as I decide what to add next ....


I am still in the process of exchanging rooms with my son. He's going to get a bigger bedroom and I'm going to get a smaller craft room ..... hmmmm. However I am determined that it will be small but beautiful, and it will be mine all mine haha! In the meantime the plasterers have been so my art supplies are in our bedroom, my daughter's bedroom, the bathroom, the landing, the dining room and anywhere else you can think of! Its a little frustrating when I am trying to find something, but on the other hand I have discovered things I haven't seen for years! There may be a big e-bay clear out coming up soon .....

If you haven't added your June calendar pages yet, don't forget you can add them here. I think I have now managed to get round and visit all the calendar challengers but let me know if I missed you! Wonderful work as always everyone. I'm impressed that you are all keeping up - we're nearly half way through already!

Thanks for all your advice re: leaving comments on blogger; I have discovered that Safari works well, whereas Internet Explorer doesn't. I know that some of you are still struggling with blogger issues so maybe this will work for you too.

Byee for now.

23 comments:

  1. very beautiful, I love the colors and the little birds !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those birds stamps are great! I like how you've shown us the stages as your page comes together, but you know that c**p stage? I like it! I guess its all a matter of perspective and taste :D
    PS. I've done my June pages but not posted yet as the camera lead is ...er...in the other place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pages, well done on getting finished! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your background is stunning as always, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo loveing your June pages!!!!! Had to smile at your 'cr@p'pages as they look fabulous to me....but I do know what you mean. So so pleased to read that Bailey is settling in well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pages, the background is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous page, love the background. Just been watching a preview of your DVDs, CONGRATULATION, you have the perfect voice and style, your should be very pleased and proud of yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, I would be so pleased to have cr#p pages like that.....I wouldn't cover them up!!! lol and I, too, am pleased that you showed your process, much easier for me to follow and learn from...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pages Kate and loving those birds. Enjoy the weekend, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous pages Kate and I'm so glad that I'm not alone in having a crap stage!
    I have to confess to giving up with my 365 journal as my days were just so boring and I kept saying the same thing. I am using the book as a journal though so no waste!

    It'll be worth all the upheaval once it's finished. I hope we will see your new room?? x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh Kate it's almost a shame to cover up the background with the date elements ! The whole spread looks fab though !

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! You made me laugh when you mentioned the ugly stage and am so glad that you posted pics of it in your post. Frankly, I thought that they were pretty awesome!!! Goes to prove that beauty IS in the eye of the beholder!!! Awesome June, Kate. Those little birdies are darling!!! Hope you have a nice, relaxing weekend and good luck with the move! Hugs, Terri xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well I'm in awe lol just love all you do what ever you may think great funky chickens
    Von x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome pages Kate I think your c**p pages are fab. Lovin those little birdies so cute.
    I too have just been watching the preview of your DVDs they are great,I think we will all be rushing to buy them, congratulations.xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Likin' your June page, kate! I love those repeat diamond shapes....♥kathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving that grungy background again - great colour combo too. I really like the way you've done "june". Thanks so much for supporting us all with the links and the comments - we appreciate you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. looks lovely- your colours are so well chosen and vibrant! Loving the black and white accents...!

    ReplyDelete
  18. fabby page! Love the harliquin detail!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brilliant work once again Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely colours and pages i love them. Watched your previews and expected a proper accent after what you said being from yorkshire too you sounded normal to me anyway. Congratulations on them x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your page is such an inspiration, the background is stunning! Thank you for a chance to challenge myself and start my calendar! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is faboulous! Makes me start thinking about trying for myself... but I would never be able to get it this stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!