Friday 1 October 2021

New Carabelle Release!


It's October and that means it's time for a new Carabelle Studio release :-)  Mine arrived only a short while ago but it's always, always exciting to get new rubber in the post, and I've had a busy busy time playing and making samples.

** Carabelle Studio have had a website update and it is now available in English**

**I try and keep a list of UK and International stockists on my blog here - please let me know of any others!**

I nearly always begin with a printing and colouring session so I have lots to play with to make my new samples.

I have been experimenting with a much looser, relaxed colouring style and so far I love it. And it's quick too! 



Stencil by Soraya ( see product photo below)


Fairy Town by me! for Carabelle Studio

You already know I love houses, right?! So I drew a few more but this time with wings and propellors! You can put them together to make a small village like I did here on a journal page:



But if you like more clean and simple, how about this New Home card?




Little People by me! for Carabelle Studio

I have been drawing and doodling crazy little people and whimsical characters FOR EVER. I have sketchbooks full of them lol! So I picked out a few to create this set and I have LOVED playing with them this week :-)

I added monochrome shading to this one as a contrast to my colourful printed background (using a stencil by Soraya). I LOVE this effect and will defo do it more.

(I added one of my most hated phrases to this page, just out of sheer grumpiness. BTW, this never EVER makes me feel better when anyone says this).


And then to create this journal page, I added the mermaid to a gel print using two lovely stencils by Azoline. The fish are from one of my previous sets - Keep Swimming. 



Hare we go! by me! for Carabelle Studio

Who doesn't love a hare?! Especially with overgrown ears. 

Who gave them those ridiculous ears??!
Do you think they will ever grow into those ears?!

I think they work really well as a clean and simple card:


But great for a mixed media tag too:



Mechanicals by me! for Carabelle Studio

More funny little people! (I told you I have sketchbooks full!) This time I added propellors, keys and wheels. Just because ;-)


The quote and vine are from one of Birgit's new stamp sets (see product photo below).


And finally, this is a work in progress. A mini hand bound journal, neatly stashed away in a little bag - a die cut by Sizzix. I have used a variety of new stamps in this journal and had a lot of fun in the process. I have also used fabulous new stamps by Birgit Koopsen, and stencils by Azoline, and Soraya (all for Carabelle Studio).

















As ever, thanks so much for all of your support. Hope you enjoy this new collection as much as I enjoy creating it :-) 







 

7 comments:

  1. Wow.... just wow!!! You've done it again and they are all amazing! Totally love the hare and the little people.. houses are a must have.... oh who am I kidding, I just want them all! The samples are wonderful, love your new coloring style!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Marjolein - comments above - there aren’t better words. LOL Especially “I just want them all”. LOL
    I live in Austin, Texas, USA; where’s the best place to purchase your items?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI there :-) If you click on the carabelle tab at the top of my blog there are direct links to stockists. In the USA you could try Joggles, Simon says stamp, frantic stamper, top flight stamps. Direct links on my Carabelle tab. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Hi! I've just ordered all of the new stamps at Simon Says Stamp, even though I live in Canada, I have to get them out of the US, cause Canadian retailers hardly ever carry the new ones. I just checked and all but one are still in stock at Simon's... good luck!

      Delete
  3. There's some seriously amazing art in this post Kate! Every time I look and think I have a favourite, then another one catches my eye. Just gorgeous! Love the greens and oranges together and the mini journal - all of it! By the way, to add to your list of UK stockists - Hixxysoft in Frome, Somerset have quite a good range of Carabelle and free postage!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!