Wednesday 30 June 2021

Quirky little art dolls :-)



Art Dolls
Fantasy Bugs
Here Kitty Kitty
all by me! for Carabelle Studio

I just love gel plate printing :-) and it means I have a never ending supply of background papers, and about a million off-cuts that need using.  This little project was a great use of all my little bits and pieces which I printed with a variety of stencils and Art Printing plates by Carabelle Studio.


I cut a couple of strips of card approx 3 cm wide to make book marks and simply collaged lots of little leftover gel printed bits and pieces together. I stuck them down and then randomly attacked them with my sewing machine lol! A couple of the faces from my Art Dolls set turned these from straightforward book marks into little art dolls.

Here's one at home in my bullet journal ....


But they look equally at home in my junk journal .....


I added a couple or random quotes from a vintage text book ....


This was a really fun little project to make. You should have a go!

7 comments:

  1. Incredible Kate, oh how I love them!!! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just great!! I should pick up reading again LOL will give these a try for sure!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally love these book marks, especially with the quirky cat and cute butterfly XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab Kate, I love your quirky little dolls! ~ Stef

    ReplyDelete
  6. "...attacked them with my sewing machine..." LOL! These are fabulous, Kate.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!