Wednesday 10 April 2019

Funky Doodles!



Oh yes! It's the time again ... time for another two-part video for the Gel Press 'print-to-project' series.

As a life-long doodler, it made total sense to me to doodle on the gel plate with paint pens, of which of course, I have quite a few ;-)

The Gel Press is AMAZING at releasing the media that you put on it, so it's ok if the design dries as you go along, you can take your time with this. And then add a couple of layers of paint and pull it all off. It a really fun way of making unique prints.

Hope you have fun with this one!

Here's a couple of progress shots ....






The second part of the video will be published on Saturday, so join me then for part 2 where I show you how I turn my prints into a dinky little journal...



Bye for now!












4 comments:

  1. Oh Kate what a clever idea and so pretty. Love Kathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I am in love with this technique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Must open that packet of posca pens...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm blown away with this video. I have posca pens, stencils, a brayer and have just ordered some acrylic paints. I think the next thing on my wish list is going to be a Gel Press!!! I have seen them used before but this technique is right up my street. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!