Thursday 14 April 2016

Learning ....


I LOVE learning. Really I do. There is never, ever a point where you know everything or can do everything, and learning is fun.

I really admire the work of artist Mindy Lacefield. Her paintings are a curious mix of simplicity and naivety, and yet they have such depth.  Recently she had some cards for sale in her Etsy shop explaining how to paint a face Mindy style, so I gave it a go. It was such fun! I have a long way to go but I'm happy to keep learning ....

And talking of learning .... you know when you casually walk through a book shop, and then a book which has been placed seductively at the end of an aisle just catches your eye and you HAVE to have it?! Yeah, well this fell into my basket the other day. Watch this space .... modern calligraphy coming this way!



6 comments:

  1. Learning is a part of growth. It seems I learn something new everyday, not necessarily to do with art tho'. I love your work and your blog. You keep life interesting and inspiring. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and talent with us.
    Victoria, BC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Currently taking Mindy's 24 Faces class ---- I've learned soooo much and just love to see your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, bright and wonderful Kate !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful piece! I'm looking forward to taking a class with Mindy in Minneapolis this May at Art & Soul!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!