Wednesday 18 March 2015

Art journaling ... on a mini scale ...


I truly love playing around in my mini moleskine journal. It measures just 10 x 15 cm when closed, so the pages are quick, quick, quick to do! And so much less pressure than working on a large scale.

I used my new Guardian stamp for the page above, and she is looking over a fab quote I found. Anyone else recognise this feeling?!

Smaller stamps are perfect for working in a small journal as they fill the page nicely, but hey! if your stamps don't fit, chop them in half and make them fit!

Perspective by Tim Holtz


I like a good ol' grump in my journal every now and then. Ok, ok, it's probably a bit more frequent than that ;-) Daniel Torrente's stamps are perfect for when I'm in the mood for a moan ... they have such attitude!

Penelope by Daniel Torrente

Sometimes just something random such as a capital letter from an alphabet stamps can work ....

Letter O from Numeric by Tim Holtz

... I think they look pretty good side-by-side:


I'm teaching  class on mini journaling at Art from the Heart (Harrogate, UK) on 26th March - still a couple of places left if anyone fancies it. 

And why not check out the new classes schedule at Art from the Heart *here*. Classes are filling up really fast so if you fancy something you'll have to be quick!

Byee for now!


8 comments:

  1. Fabulous pages kate. Your stamps are just wonderful and really pleased to be able to have a play with them at the workshop. Thanks for a great class
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your mini journal. I always grump and have attitude in my art journals. My journals are the only ones who listen and care!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Booked onto the Stampotique Boutique classes and i must book onto one of yours later in the year as i have promised myself that i WILL attend one of your workshops in 2015!!! Loving your inspiration as always Kate, my journal has a dark side that only i see :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful stamps! And I love your mini journal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love your art journal!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!