Tuesday 18 March 2014

Happenings....

Spring workshops are now available for booking at 
Art from the Heart (Harrogate UK)

Yay! It's that time again .... time for the new classes to be announced at Art from the Heart. There is always an amazing variety of classes from an fab bunch of tutors all offering something totally different, from books to canvases, art journaling to altered matchboxes, and even faith journaling. You can check out all the classes *here*

As usual I'll be there doing a few classes so I hope to see you there. I'll even make you a nice cup of tea ;-) 

Here's a little peek at my classes:

5th April, 10th May, 15th June
Come and join Kate in this new regular, monthly, art journaling class. Kate knows that the only way to maintain creativity is to keep art journaling lots, and on a regular basis, because the more you create the more creative you become! Kate will explore a different theme or technique during each session and lead you on a colourful, creative (and messy) journey!
Required: Art journal or sketch book.
Click *here* for details.



Wed 30th April
There is something irresistible about creating on such a tiny scale! We’ll take some plain white matchboxes, age them with Distress Inks and then decorate them using *new* stamps by Dina Wakley. We’ll create some background papers with Dylusions ink sprays, stencils and gesso, and then make mini journal prompt cards and teeny tiny journals to fit inside. You may even want to create a tiny keepsake out of paper clay to nestle inside your finished box.
Perfect for giving away as a gift, or for keeping yourself and writing your life story. In miniature, of course.
Click *here* for details.





 Mini Journaling
23rd may
Just like journaling …but on a tiny scale! Mini journaling can be done in any small notebook or sketchbook, but due to its compact size it is quick, accessible and a lot of fun! It’s a great place to use up odds and ends of collage images, and a great place for all of your smaller stamps. We’ll be painting funky, colourful backgrounds and then adding tiny images and stamps to create glorious pages in miniature. Great for journaling on-the-go, or when real life gets in the way and you just haven’t got the time for a larger page….
Required: Small Moleskine, mini notebook or sketchbook.
Click *here* for details.



So, what else have I been up to? Had a quick play in my junk journal on an old page from a catalogue. Admittedly I'm not the best at faces but I like to have a go occasionally :-) This junk journal is now getting very full ... it is positively groaning at the seams, but I have loved working in this and it now also holds a precious collection of notes and postcards and other bits and bobs. But maybe it's time to move onto a new one ...


Byee for now ....


6 comments:

  1. Hi Kate. Linda and I have booked your regular art journaling classes for May and June but can't make the April one as we'll be in Paris for Version Scrap. Hope it won't matter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to seeing you :-) And no, you don't have to attend every one!

      Delete
    2. Kate, Wish i could attend a class and have a cup of tea with you...alas...I will have to watch and read from afar! Just wanted to say that I adore your art and you! Thank you! Jackie in NY,USA

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much Jackie. I too wish we could meet up for a cup of tea!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Kate, I've been following your blog for a while now and am so inspired by your gorgeous work. I just love your bright colours and style. I just uploaded some of my latest pages onto my blog and wanted to make sure I credited you for my latest inspiration. I love visiting you to see what you've been up to and thought I should finally stop in and officially say HI! Thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Kathy - off to check out your blog now!

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!