Monday 7 March 2011

A bit of all sorts ....


The April edition of Craft Stamper (UK) is out in the shops now, so don't forget to get your copy. This month I have an article called 'Concertina Collage' using the ever-popular alcohol inks in spring-like shades of lemon, pink and green. Here's a couple of sneaky peeks...........


Yesterday I taught a journaling class at Art from the Heart (UK) to a great bunch of ladies. Despite the fact that it was quite early (on a Sunday morning!) everyone was raring to go! We focused on mini-journaling, which is as the name suggests, journaling on a small scale in a notebook or mini-Moleskine. Working on this scale is quick (great if you are pushed for time) and they make fantastic travel journals as they just fit inside your handbag.

Some of the ladies kindly agreed to me taking a photo of their journal pages and blogging it here, so here they are. Ta-da!!!!

by Sara

by Donna

by Trish

by Rachel

by Jill

by Ruth

by Anne-Marie

by Lesley


by Jayne


by Doreen




The gorgeous Jude, celebrating her birthday,
of course, we HAD to have cake :-)

Some of the ladies in the class showing off their gorgeous journals

Way to go everyone! More ! More!

On Wednesday 30th March I am teaching again at Art from the Heart - this time I'll be making an inky, stamped, stitched tag book (see the photo in my sidebar). We'll start with mini tags while we practise some techniques and then we'll make a BIG tag book using the yummy Tim Holtz tag die. If you fancy it, then have a look here for more details.

And finally, I just had to show you my *new* skirt - here it is. Don't you think I look like a walking Tim Holtz stamp? Hahahaha!


Don't forget, if you haven't linked your challenge calendar pages, it's not to late. Have a look here - the link stays open till the end of March. Byeeeeeeeeeee for now.

27 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun class....will have to try and come to one one of these days:)
    Cool skirt too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To borrow a line from your own self...it should have been me! I wish I could have been there Kate - the pages the ladies created look dinkily gorgeous :) I shall away and consult my diary for your next class.... x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what wonderful journals from everyone!! you must be a fantastic teacher kate! but of course..i had NO doubt about that in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for a great workshop Kate, I had a lovely day. The journals do look great, and I will get on and get my pages completed.

    Hope to see you again before too long - Liz
    PS thanks for the cake, it was delicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting. I guess I never made a Linky for my January page, just must have posted it to the Flickr group.
    Have I still got snow? Oh darlin' - I woke up to a blizzard this morning. They say we'll get 3-5", but I think that's already here. Sigh. When can I move to Florida??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like it was a really fun class, and the results are awesome, Kate! Thanks for posting these pages so we could have a sneak peek. BTW - your skirt is AMAZING!!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, some amazing art going on here, they are all fabulous and I bet they had the best time ever. Love your new skirt, wish it would fit me, lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful time!
    There is nothing more rewarding than teaching...
    And if the subject is art, even better :]

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like a great day was had. I really wanted to do your tag dayy at the end of the month but alas i will be on a Sage course no where near as much fun but i will be looking out for some more you might be doing for this next few months x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a fabulous time and couldn't have asked for a nicer birthday (obviously shoe shopping, Daniel Craig and a good G&T would have enhanced it but it was still pretty fabulous...) Thank-you for my cake and my gorgeous ring too!! You will be very pleased to know that I have ignored the unpacking, sorting and washing today and have played with inks and paints instead. I've done lots of backgrounds and fully completed another page!! I am avoiding the Utility Room at all costs and we're having a Freezer Tea but I'm very happy...I may even Blog!!!!! Love ya!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. To bad i can't join. Love your style.
    Ever considered a online workshop with video instructions?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bad i can't join. Love your style.
    Ever considered a online workshop with video instructions?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kate I wish I lived nearer I'd love to get all inky doing that class. Loving your skirt too....definitely a Tim Holtz original!! LOL.
    Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  14. loved your article in CS Kate - bit different from your normal colours but worked a treat!
    excellent creations from your ladies -clever bunch you had there! LOVE YOUR SKIRT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for a great day, Kate...enjoyed every minute of it!! Can't wait to put my newly discovered skills into practice...already looking forward to your next workshop....won't be long off, hopefully!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wish I'd done that class - another thing on the wish list making me feel guilty for being greedy.

    Skirt is brilliant - did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those pages are just fantastic.So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks very much for yesterday's class, good company and cake, been busy today consolidating - 2 mini pages done, and shrinking my downloads to fit! Mwah x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Why can't you come to Austin Texas to do a class? I'm so jealous :) Thank you for posting the pictures. It really is inspiring. Thanks also for your wonderful artwork Kate, it has truly helped me get back into creating!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brilliant pages ladies and a fun skirt for you Kate too. Love it with the boots.

    I'm doing a journalling/scrapbooking class today for DASh Disability Arts in Shropshire. No nothing like your journalling Kate I'm not that clever! Will blog the results, should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic pages, very inspiring !!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just loved your article in Craft Stamper. Very inspirational with lots of helpful hints.
    Fab pages from your class!
    Love your skirt!!!
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! All of these journals look so great! what fun it must have been to spend the day with you in class!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have my copy and the article is FAB !!! looks like everyone had a fab time on sunday and all the journal pages are gorgeous, well done ladies. LOVE the skirt !!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. yayy babe, you did a fabby job. 3 gold stars. And that skirt!!!! we need to discuss lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh your class looks such FUN, wish I'd been there! And as for the skirt - its a poem!

    ReplyDelete
  27. ha ha - maybe i should post a piccy of my claudine helmuth skirt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!